Fostering a Commitment to the Environment
In an effort to provide more efficient and eco-friendly services, Axelon Services Corp. offices have implemented several “green initiatives” to reduce the environmental impact on our planet. The environment belongs to all of us, and we each have a responsibility to ensure its well-being.
During Work Processes
Paperless on-boarding program
- We have developed both processes and implemented an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) that enable recruiters to on-board all contractors in an electronic format.
- We store all data in a digital format that is more secure and avoids paper.
- We allow contractors to upload necessary documents via Internet and/or smart phone applications that take pictures and email them to us.
Electronic paycheck and payroll program
- We offer all our employees to be paid through direct deposit, and more than 90% of them have opted for this solution.
Main fax line is paperless
- Our main office fax line has been converted into an electronic solution, where fax received are directly registered digitally and forwarded via emails.
On-line application process
- Applicants can apply for positions through a web portal, ensuring a paper-free process.
- Our recruiters acquire profiles from applicants in a format that is exclusively electronic, and not paper-based.
E-procurement with customers
- We procure all of our clients with a paper-free process.
- We offer all of our clients a paperless invoice system. Billing is automated seamlessly from timesheets to electronic approvals from Clients, and no invoice is issued.
- We enforce a policy to switch off lights and computers that are not necessary during and after work hours.
- In the very near future, we will implement movement sensors to ensure lights automatically shut off when there is no one in the room.
- All windows in our offices are equipped with shades to minimize the need for A/C during summer months.
- We selected our current office locations in a building that shuts downs elevators during hot months to reduce the energy consumption.
- Our offices utilize energy-efficient lighting.
- Our offices are equipped with small garbage bins to serve for compost only and are situated by larger garbage bins used for paper only.
- Our employees are required to deposit aluminum cans and plastic bottles in a dedicated recycling bin centrally located in the office cafeteria.
- Our employees are encouraged to bring their mugs, plates and cutlery to reduce the use of paper and plastic. Storage space for these items is available for all employees.
- All print cartridges are recycled after use.
- A recycling bin for plastic materials is labeled accordingly and centrally located in our offices.
- Our back-office employees print necessary reports front-and-back to minimize the consumption of paper.
Carbon Footprint Reduction Initiatives
- We utilize a SaaS (software as a service) solution for data storage.
- We locate our servers in data/server centers that implement energy savings initiatives.
- We located our office in Downtown New York City to make public transportation or bike commuting possible and convenient for our employees.
- We participate in the TransitChek program, where employees can use pre-tax dollars to pay for their commuting, thereby encouraging the use of public transportation.